Check your behaviour towards gambling
- Have you often gambled longer than you had planned?
- After a win, did you have a strong urge to return and win more?
- After losing, have you felt you must return as soon as possible and win back your losses?
- Have you often gambled until all your money is gone?
- Have thoughts of gambling caused you to lose sleep?
- Has gambling ever made your home life unhappy?
- Have you used your income or savings to gamble while letting bills go unpaid?
- Have you made repeated, unsuccessful attempts to stop gambling?
- Have you broken the law or considered breaking the law to finance your gambling?
- Have you borrowed money to finance your gambling?
- Have you ever sold anything to finance your gambling?
- Have you felt depressed or suicidal because of your gambling losses?
- Have you been remorseful after gambling?
- Have you gambled to get money to meet your financial obligations?
- Do you gamble when you feel disappointed or frustrated or to celebrate good fortune in your life?
If you or someone you know answers ‘Yes’ to more than one of these questions, consider seeking assistance from a professional regarding this gambling behaviour by contacting any of the organisations on OJO’s Responsible Gaming page.