Safer Gambling at PlayOJO
OJO’s Tips for Safer Gambling
From old tricks to new strategies, OJO’s safer gambling tips will help keep your playtime fun.
• Manage your money - Keep betting money separate from life costs, make a budget and bet only what you can afford to lose.
• Don’t borrow - Don’t borrow money to gamble or use money that’s meant for rent, bills or other life expenses.
• Keep tabs on your play - Keep track of how often you’re playing and how much you’re spending. If you see a sudden increase or a gradual upward trend, ask yourself why.
• Play for fun - Gambling is for entertainment, not a way to make money. If you’re gambling for any reason other than fun, or it stops feeling fun, take a break.
• Bet with a clear mind - Don’t gamble when you’re tired, stressed or under the influence of alcohol or drugs. It can be harder to make sound decisions.
• Stay cool - If you feel the game is against you or the results seem unfair, it’s time to take a break.
• Don’t chase your losses - Playing to win back money you recently lost, especially by placing larger bets, is more likely to lead to bigger losses.
• Understand the maths - It’s impossible for Red to appear 10 times in a row, right? Where random luck is concerned, nothing’s impossible.
• You can’t predict the future - It’s impossible to predict the outcome with games of chance. You might see patterns or get a hunch, but games are totally random
Play management tips
• Manage your time - It’s easy to lose track of time when you play. Set time checks or create your own alarms to help remind you when it’s time to stop.
• Use the tools - Our Safer Gambling tools can help you to control your play. Learn what’s available and how they work so you can gamble in a fun, affordable way.
• Protect your account - Keep your password safe and lock your screen between sessions. We don’t want anyone, especially minors, accessing your account.