Safer Gambling at PlayOJO
OJO’s Tips for Safer Gambling
From old adages which still ring true to new strategies to manage your play, OJO’s safer gambling tips will help keep your playtime fun.
• Manage your money - Keep betting money separate from life costs, make a budget and bet only what you can afford to lose.
• Don’t borrow - Don’t borrow money to gamble or use money that’s meant for rent, bills or other life expenses.
• Keep tabs on your play - Keep track of how often you’re playing and how much you’re spending. If you see a sudden increase or a gradual upward trend, ask yourself why.
• Play for fun - Gambling is for entertainment, not a way to make money. If you’re gambling for any reason other than fun, or it stops feeling fun, take a break.
• Bet with a clear mind - Don’t gamble when you’re tired, stressed or under the influence of alcohol or drugs. It’s harder to make sound decisions.
• Stay cool - If you feel the game is against you or the results seem unfair, it’s time to take a break.
• Don’t chase your losses - Playing to win back money you recently lost, especially by placing larger bets, is more likely to lead to bigger losses.
• Understand the maths - It’s impossible for Red to appear 10 times in a row, right? Where random luck is concerned, nothing’s impossible.
• You can’t predict the future - It’s impossible to predict the outcome of games of chance. You might see patterns or get a hunch, but games are totally random
Play management tips
• Manage your time - It’s easy to lose track of time when you play. Set time checks or create your own alarms to help remind you when it’s time to stop.
• Use the tools - Our Safer Gambling tools can help you to control your play. Learn what’s available and how they work so you can gamble in a fun, affordable way.
• Protect your account - Keep your password safe and lock your screen between sessions. We don’t want anyone, especially minors, accessing your account.